Guardianship and Conservatorship over Children

When one or both parents are unable to care for a child or children, a non-parent may seek to obtain custody of the child or children. The process of seek custody of the minor child or children is called guardianship. When there is a need to control financial assets of a child, a non-parent may consider seeking a conservatorship. The guardianship process and conservatorship can be complex.

Guardianship and Conservatorship over Adults

There may come a time when adults are unable to care for themselves due to advanced age or mental or physical illness. When there is a need to help care for an adult or parent who is no longer able to care for themselves, a guardianship and/or conservatorship is an appropriate way to obtain the legal authority needed to ensure they are not in danger.

People seeking guardianships over children or adults may have other options available to them. To determine the best course of action for your situation, contact Penton Law.