Idaho has had substantial growth in the past decade and many parents are coming to Idaho with custody decrees from other states. Idaho law provides a means to enforce a custody decree from another state by having registering it with the local court system. The courts will serve notice upon the persons who have an interest in the out of state decree that the decree is being filed as a foreign judgment, will be enforceable in Idaho as of the date the decree is registered and provide an opportunity to contest the validity of the out of state custody order. Once the out of state custody decree has been registered and no objection has been made to its validity, the decree becomes enforceable.